I'm struck by the fact that while elementary and primary school education are in a period of wild-change, I'm unaware of any dramatic re-engineering that is going on at the college level.
For primary and secondary education, the great waves are:
- A major new vote with their feet by 4% of the population to homeschooling
- An attempt from above to control and impose rigor by No Child Left Behind
- An attempt to privatize with school vouchers and school choice
- A massive investment by parents in supplementary education materials and services
- Much attempts to move to magnet schools, centers of excellence, and other choices within the system and away from the large high schools which supposedly provided resources for everyone (but turned into a scary environment for everyone)
Shouldn't this be on the agenda? Any politicians want to step up to the plate?