Sunday, March 16, 2008

Education should teach people how to live or how to make a living

"Education should teach people how to live or how to make a living" said John Adams.

Roger Schank: "Our schools do neither. They teach how to pass tests about meaningless knowledge that never comes up in real life."

I would agree that today's curriculum and our understanding of what education is and how to go about it are way overdue. Of course, the current national debate has only to do with how testing and the whole NCLB method fit into today's model. Sigh.

As long as I'm here, I'll plug two a few of my more successful efforts.

Why do I blog?
Vocabulary Learning Resources
Expand Vocabulary
GRE Vocabulary
Increase Your Vocabulary
Power Words
Vocabulary Builder
Vocabulary Software



Digg!

del.icio.us

No comments: