Science4Us's goal is make elementary science education a success within the reality of today’s educational environment. Why teach our youngest learners about science? Isn’t physical science really advanced, covering things like E=mc2 and Newton’s laws of gravity?
Yes, physical science can be really advanced, but a lot of physical science has to do with how the world around us works. Kindergarten through Grade 2 students may not understand Einstein’s theories, but they know from experience how gravity works–even if they don’t know the name for it.
Science4Us is teacher-friendly and student-friendly. The curriculum delivery model in the classroom requires no additional professional training for teachers, while offering a variety of learning sequences and possible centers-based explorations as well as whole-class discussions. Science4Us provides students with recursive learning opportunities intended to highlight and correct naïve ideas and/or misconceptions. Students, whether pre-readers or literate, are guided through the multimedia experience at their own pace.
- Common Core & Science4Us
- Educational Model
- Professional Development
- Digital Natives
- Flexible Delivery
- Science in the Classroom
- Kindergarten Science Curriculum - Science is messy. We do not always know the answer when we start. We play. We explore. We poke around and stir things up. We try something not because we already know what will happen but because we want to know what will happen.As educators, we are accustomed to answer keys and red pens. Knowing the answers ahead of time, right or wrong. Contrary to this, our students are on a constant journey of discovery with something new and exciting around every corner. The Science4Us curriculum encourages students to explore freely and discover connections on their own. They may not ‘get’ everything they are poking around in, but with repeated exposure, they can become comfortable mucking about in science. They are ready to dive in and explore. We need to let them. Your students can learn science. Your students can do science. Your students can love science, and so can you!
- 1st Grade Science Curriculum - Coming Soon!
- 2nd Grade Science Curriculum - Coming Soon!
- Review for 3rd-5th Grade Science - Coming Soon!
- Science at Home
- Science Fair Projects This is a resource so that teachers and parents can help students have a successful science fair experience. Did you know that science fairs began in the US Post-WWII? Technological progress was in the air...it was the beginning of an era where progress accelerated into what became known in the 60s as the Space Age!