Monday, January 04, 2010

Date palindromes

One of the great things about blogging is when I have an idea which I like but which none of my friends, or even my kids, seems to care about, there's always a blog ready for me....

The date on Saturday was zero one zero two two zero one zero. 01 02 2010!

I think that counts as a date palindrome. Don't you?

PS. Wikipedia says: A palindrome is a word, phrase, number or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction (the adjustment of punctuation and spaces between words is generally permitted).

1 comment:

Vocabulary Fun Blog said...

Wikipedia describes several types of palindromes. More quotes...

Characters

The most familiar palindromes, in English at least, are character-by-character: the written characters read the same backwards as forwards. Palindromic words exist, for example civic, radar, level, rotator, rotor, kayak, reviver, racecar, and redder.

Phrases

Palindromes often consist of a phrase or sentence ("Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.", "Was it a rat I saw?", "Step on no pets", "Sit on a potato pan, Otis", "Lisa Bonet ate no basil", "Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas", "A Man A Plan A Canal Panama", "I roamed under it as a tired nude Maori," or the exclamation "Dammit, I'm mad!"). Punctuation, capitalization, and spacing are usually ignored, although some (such as "Rats live on no evil star") include the spacing.